I don’t recomend this company.
§ Bad things
- Understaffed teams (which is by design since upper management says “that doing of what other companies do with less people is efficient”). This makes everybody work several hours per day. I have seen people working on the weekends as it was a normal thing to do.
- People are always online and they ping you at random times.
- Unpaid 24 hours oncall.
- I have seen 5 non-white people change jobs due to a single manager (even tho at least 3 engineers complained with upper management about the abussive behaviour).
- Marketing your work is more important than delivering your work.
- Metrics over people health/good work.
- Bad code
- In order to improve the bad code they introduced several gate keepers that keep the bad code but add overhead to employees working outside USA.
- Very mono-culture.
- CEO said the company would work for ICE.
§ Some glassdoor reviews
§ Good ideas
- Framework with syntax similar to unit tests in Ruby able to check the production database data in order to make sure there is nothing inconsistent. The framework also builds an interface with the records with issue, documentation and quick fix.